Next to reliability, security is probably the most important factor for businesses when deciding which provider to outsource their data center services. Businesses responsible for handling sensitive information—from health care to the finance industry—need that data to be safe, and that security starts first and foremost with the data center where the information is stored.
Fortunately for businesses looking to outsource their data center services to Telx, Telx is a forward-thinking, security-centric organization. Our data centers provide security from theft, vandalism, natural disaster, manmade catastrophes, and accidental damage.
Whether for public or private enterprise clients, we’ve managed to meet security requirements including 5-point authentication prior to entry to a data center lobby: mantrap, biometric, iClass reader, ballistic rated vestibules and HD camera authentication. Needless to say, we take our security very seriously.
Telx’s data centers have many security features, including some of the following:
- Data center manned by onsite security 24/7
- All doors controlled by biometric reader and/or card access
- All cages and cabinets secured with single key or combination locks
- CCTV cameras strategically located throughout the Datacenter floor to ensure entire coverage of the datacenter
- Video footage retention that meets or exceeds industry standards in conjunction with SOC 2 requirements
- Direct connection to emergency law enforcement in case of emergency
- Motion detection for CCTV activation and infrared for night time viewing
- Visitor screening process upon entry into any facility by onsite security to ensure that each person’s identity is verified and approved
- Elevator controlled access to designated floor or suite (building specific)
- Exterior security coverage video and surveillance with recording (building specific)
In a world full of concerns about security—from physical breaches, to natural disasters, to businesses not taking their data sensitivity seriously enough—it’s hard to overstate the importance of physical security when choosing a data center. And considering the massive cost of data breaches, it’s essential to make sure that you focus on all aspects of security. End-user cyber security is one thing, but that certainly doesn’t make physical security any less important.
Businesses who choose Telx for their data center services can rest comfortably knowing that their data is physically secure in state-of-the-art facilities, all under the watch of a company where security is always top-of-mind.