Don Schuett, Vice President of Business Development & Strategy here at Telx, will be participating as a panelist in a Telx-sponsored webinar titled “The Evolving Data Center—Preparing the CIO for IT Evolution.” The webinar will take place on Tuesday, December 9, 2014, from 1:00-2:00pm EST.
Also participating as panelists will be Rich Morrow, Founder/Head Geek at Quicloud LLC, and Tim Crawford, CIO Strategic Advisor at AVOA. The webinar will be moderated by Marc Staimer, President & Chief Dragon Slayer at Dragon Slayer Consulting.
CIOs are on a constant quest to understand what infrastructure will provide the best fit, at the lowest risk and cost. That understanding will ultimately determine the right target platform – whether it is locally hosted on-premises, leverages a colocation provider, or the public cloud. Core considerations must include latency, resiliency, security, governance, cost, expansion, management and the location of the cloud provider’s data center to adhere to geographic compliance mandates.
In this free analyst webinar panel discussion, an expert panel will discuss the infrastructure choices available to CIOs and which of these choices are most suitable to various applications and workloads. Don Schuett and others will answer the following questions in the webinar:
- How do you identify the right approach to the data center — on premise, colocation, or cloud?
- What key features should businesses look for from a colocation provider in their cloud connect services platform?
- Why certain infrastructure choices can provide a better platform for specific applications, based upon the application requirements?
- Why cloud does not replace your data center but rather complements on-premise infrastructure making those assets more valuable?
- What benefits do enterprises incur by leveraging cloud connect services offered by their cloud provider?
- What are the benefits and ROI that ‘dynamic bandwidth’ or ‘cloud bursting’ to satisfy the evolving application demands and changing business requirements?
- Why are security, governance, cost, latency, management, and location critical factors in enabling dynamic workloads and on-demand services enabled via the cloud environments?
- What key features should businesses look for from their cloud provider?
- What can businesses learn from early adopters of public cloud?
We kicked off this webinar series on December 2nd with our webinar titled “Cloud 2014—A Look Back and a Look Ahead,” and we are looking forward to continuing the series with more great conversations next Tuesday.
If you’re interested in attending this webinar, please register here. For any questions about the webinar, Don Schuett, or any other general questions related to Telx, please reach out to us via the contact page of our site, or by Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn.